In the name of 'the Organizer of the world', the Origin of thought and discipline.
Dr. KHODADOUST EYE HOSPITAL was officially established, equipped and launched in Shiraz in 2003, with the help of God, by Professor Ali Asghar Khodadoust. It was established to provide hospital services for those seeking eye treatments.
This specialized eye hospital continues to work with the help of the most experienced and committed ophthalmologists and surgeons in Iran with the aim of providing the highest level of surgical and therapeutic services.
In this regard and in order to improve the quality and continuous improvement of its medical and nursing services, we are taking into account the requirements of the standard of accreditation, safety, and the international standard of ISO 9001: 2015, and determine the policy and main approaches of the hospital (as follows) to inform all interested parties (employees, patients, etc.); so all the doctors, managers and staff of the hospital are committed to meet the quality and safety objectives associated with them.
1.Maintaining and improving the quality of ocular surgical and therapeutic services and utilizing modern hardware and software equipment.
2.Observing all national standards (Accreditation and Safety Standards) and international standards (ISO 9001: 2015).
3.Increasing the satisfaction of patients and their fellows through respect for their opinions, criticisms, suggestions and careful consideration of their complaints.
4.Promoting the scientific and professional level of all the staff of the hospital through education and maintaining their health and safety as the most important capitals of the hospital.
In our hospital:
To improve the quality of health services and increase the effectiveness of treatment and care through education, the hospital has implemented the following policies:
* 1. Institutionalize health improvement. 2. Training the patient and his fellows and
inviting them to counseling centers. 3. Promoting the health of diabetic and glaucoma patients with special trainings. 4. Selection and introduction of a person as the responsible person for the health of patients in order to participate in reducing the per capita cost of health of the country through the prevention and promotion of health.
* In order to contribute to preventing from illnesses and promoting the health of the staff, diet and lifestyle reform procedures as well as raising awareness and empowering employees and eliminating risk factors from the workplace have been adopted.
* Determining the standards and parameters required for each trading item by a specialized
- Expertise review by the Legal Unit
- Expertise review by the Internal Director
Beneficiaries: The Managing Director, Internal and External Contracting Party
* Priority should be given to goods and equipment that are directly related to patient health.
Beneficiaries: Patients and Staff
* According to the basic safety standard C1.2.7, it is prohibited to receive phone orders except in critical cases where the physician(surgeon) is not present and this will result in hurt to the patient, meanwhile the emergency unit doctor (resident), or a trustee doctor who has been approved by the physician (surgeon), is in charge of registering the orders until the end of the shift work which will be signed up by the physician as soon as possible.
Beneficiaries: Patients and Nurses
* The physician(surgeon) and anesthesiologist are responsible for treatment of postoperative unwell and emergency patients in the morning and evening shifts and the emergency unit doctor(resident) is responsible for treatment of unwell and emergency patients during the night shifts and holidays. In addition, the unwell and emergency patients of the hospital are prioritized to the patients referring to the emergency unit.
* Provide the initial facilities for patients' physiological and monitoring care until the patient is dispatched to special wards (in other hospitals, in particular the center of the contracting party).
Beneficiaries: Patients and Nurses
* All surgeries outside the operating room space are performed in a completely sterile space and in accordance with the principles of the operating rooms.
* In order to prevent physical and genetic damages to people, the policy of taking the necessary measures has been taken into action to protect them against radiation.
Beneficiaries: Patients and Radiology staff
* With the participation of physicians and nurses and providing the necessary and proper facilities with the confirmation of the responsible person for controlling the infection, the policy of valuing patients' safety and encouraging positive cases of hands hygiene behavior is institutionalized, in order to provide the simplest, least expensive and most effective way to prevent and reduce the risk of health care related infections - hand hygiene - which reduces the cost of treatment and the length of stay in the hospital for patients, as well as improving the health of patients, clients and employees.
Beneficiaries: Patients, Doctors and Nurses
* In line with providing the proper services to patients and clients, the following policies have been adopted in accordance with the accreditation standards of service recipients:
1.There are suitable physical guides (guide lines and signs & patient manual), and also the personnel will assist patients, clients and companions in finding the desired location.
2.There are human guides in all parts of the hospital including security, outpatient and hospitalization admission, international patient department (IPD), nurses in the wards and the staff in other sections who in general, and based on their expertise, guide the patient and his companions and other clients to take an appointment of a doctor, the timing of medical treatment, and so on.
Beneficiaries: Patients, their companions and other clients
* Providing services in accordance with religious and legal standards, and professional medical principles with the aim of protecting the rights of patients and creating comfort and safety of patients and their families.
Beneficiaries: Patients and their companions
* Identify and supporting vulnerable groups with the goal of providing secure services tothem.